Frequently Asked Questions
Please see below for many of our FAQs. If you can’t find the answer to your question, please call your Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa service shop at (516) 874-4469. One of our friendly representatives will be more than happy to help!
- There are a few things that can cause your vehicle to not start. It could be a dead battery, a bad starter, a bad sensor, a broken timing belt, or even a bad alternator. If you hear a click when you try to start the ignition, then it is likely your starter or a dead battery. If you happen to have a voltmeter, you should check your battery charge. If there are at least 12 volts when the vehicle is off, the problem is not with your battery. If when someone turns the key the volts drop below 10.50, then it is likely your starter.
- This is a very common question and most people do not know how to determine when they should change their battery until it is too late. You do not want to be left stranded somewhere simply because you did not know it was time to change your battery. You can determine the time frame to change your battery by looking at the warranty date. The letter corresponds with the month (A for January, B for February, etc.) and the number stands for the year. If you see C18, then that means March of 2018. You want to change the battery right before this time. Alternatively, you could bring it by our service center to have it checked.
- If you want to get the most out of your vehicle and best protect your investment, it’s important to stay up to date on your car’s oil changes. But it can be tough to keep track of the maintenance schedule. That’s why we do it for you! At the Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa service center, we’ll be sure to call you when it’s time for your scheduled oil changes. And if you think your oil change date is coming up but you haven’t heard from us, just give us a call. One of our friendly service advisers will be more than happy to tell you the mileage intervals for oil changes for your car. With the Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa service center, your car will always be in good hands.
- If you have questions, call the Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa service center and we will be happy to help.
- At Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa, we recommend that you always get your vehicle into one of our service stations as soon as you can after your “Service Engine Soon” light comes on. One of our passionate and highly trained technicians will plug your Mercedes-Benz into our code reader, diagnosing the problem properly and getting things fixed as quickly as possible.
What if my vehicle doesn’t start?
When should I replace my car battery?
How many miles before my Mercedes-Benz needs an synthetic motor oil change?
What if my “service engine soon” light turns on?
- Your service advisor at Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa can provide recommendations regarding the type of tires that would work best for you. Information such as whether you do most of your driving on the highway or within the city is important when deciding on the best kind of tires. Other criteria that can make a difference include the type of surfaces you drive on most frequently. If you live on a gravel road, for example, you’ll need a different tire than someone who drives mostly on paved surfaces.
- Getting your tires’ alignment checked is always a good idea to prevent unnecessary wear and tear on your brand new tires. Having it done when you replace your tires is perfect timing.
- Tires are a very important component to your vehicle and there is no specific time frame for getting them replaced because it all depends on how you drive, where, and the type of tire. If you drive on rough surfaces, such as gravel, the tires will wear faster. Also, if you have tires made of soft rubber, they will wear faster. Each tire has an estimated number of miles it should last but you should always check them for wear, low pressure, or other issues. If you notice that the tread is close to even with the wear bars, it is time to replace.
Which kind of tires should I get?
Do I need to align my tires when I get new ones?
How often do I need to buy or replace tires?
- It depends. If your hoses appear to be softening or are showing cracks, you should replace them. If your belts show signs of dry rot, if their bottoms are shiny or if the tensioner is no longer effective at keeping tension, you should replace the belts.
- The differences between original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and generic auto parts are important ones that Mercedes-Benz owners should know about. While an auto maker, such as Mercedes-Benz, manufacturers an OEM part, other manufacturers make generic parts. OEM parts are sold both by Mercedes-Benz and by third parties. Most generic auto parts fit the vehicles they are designed for, however, their quality could be questionable — especially when compared to OEM parts. At Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa, only OEM parts made by Mercedes-Benz are used for services offered at their service center.
When should I replace belts and hoses?
What is the difference between OEM and generic parts?
- When your Mercedes-Benz needs maintenance or service, you should choose an ASE Certified Technician who is well-versed in Mercedes-Benz vehicles. A Mercedes-Benz certified professional technician is one who has been trained specifically to service and maintain the automaker’s line of vehicles. This professional has demonstrated expertise in properly servicing and maintaining Mercedes-Benz vehicles. He or she also has the training needed to utilize the specific diagnostic equipment required to pinpoint any issues with your vehicle. At the Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa service center, their ASE Certified Technicians use only high-quality OEM auto parts.
- At Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa, your vehicle is going to be treated with complete respect. The ASE Certified technicians repairing your car know what it takes to fix your Mercedes-Benz right the first time. Rest assured that the technicians working on your car are only authorized to use official Mercedes-Benz quality OEM parts.
- When Mercedes-Benz parts are used, you will receive a warranty on both the service and the parts to ensure that you have a 100% guarantee of quality work. Whether a part is defective or in the rare case of a technical error, your warranty is fully backed by Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa.
- You do not want just anyone performing regular maintenance or repairs on your Mercedes-Benz. Master technicians have passed a group of tests in a series as well as completed two years of documented hands-on work experience in the field. They will use only Mercedes-Benz quality OEM parts and they will ensure that repairs are done right the first time. As a result, you get a warranty on both the parts and the service. If you do happen to have a defective part or the repair was not performed correctly, we will ensure that it is remedied at no additional cost to you. This saves you both time and hassle simply because you used ASE certified technicians.
- To become a master technician, a series of tests must be passed. A master technician must also have two years of documented hands-on work experience.
- There are 8 tests a tech needs to pass for automobiles in order to be considered a master. For collision repair, a tech must pass 4 tests in the series. The A series for automobiles and light trucks include:
- Engine repair
- Automatic transmission/transaxle
- Manual drivetrain and axles
- Suspension and steering
- Electrical/Electronic system
- Heating and air conditioning
- Engine performance
- To become a body or collision repair master tech, these tests must be passed:
- Painting and refinishing
- Non-structural analysis and damage repair
- Structural analysis and damage repair
- Mechanical and electrical components
- All master techs must recertify every five years.
Why use ASE-Certified technicians?
What’s wrong with non-certified technicians?
What are the certification requirements?
- With the Mercedes-Benz mbrace® Connect integrated system, you can enjoy seamless connectivity — even when you’re miles away. Mercedes-Benz mbrace® Connect automatically syncs with your portable device the instant you start your vehicle.
- You’ll be able to take and place calls hands-free — all without moving your hands away from the steering wheel. Stream your favorite music without the clutter and unsightliness of cords. At Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa, our helpful sales associates can assist you in pairing your mobile device with the Mercedes-Benz mbrace® Connect system. Then you can drive off the lot fully connected to what’s important to you.
- At Mercedes-Benz of Massapequa, our technology specialists or your sales associate can help you sync your mobile device with the mbrace® system before you drive off the lot.
Mercedes-Benz mbrace® Connect